about this recipe
This açaí bowl recipe is a classic Andes meets the Amazon, because of the two main ingredients, the frozen Asopie Açaí pulp from the Amazon rainforest and the Chia pudding. Not only are they both traditional indigenous foods, but they fit perfectly together and make for a healthy and delicious meal. Suitable for any time of the day, this recipe is highly customizable. The earthy taste of the pure frozen açaí pulp and the fresh mango create a distinct flavor that will turn you to an instant fan. It is an energyzing power bowl, rich in antioxidant, fiber and healthy fats.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 scoop (100g-200g) of Asopie Açaí Pulp
- 1 (or 2) Frozen Banana
- The toppings: Strawberries, Banana and Mango
The Chia Pudding
- 2 table spoons of Chia seeds.
- 2/4 cup of cashew milk (or any plantbased milk)
How to make it
This açaí bowl recipe is very customizable and is perfect for any time of the day.
- Combine the plantbased milk and the chia seeds in a cup or bowl and stir together until they’re mixed well. Leave the mixture for 30 minutes to soak well.
- Partially defrost the Asopie frozen Açaí Pulp. You can defrost the frozen açaí pulp by placing the tub in room temperature water for at least 30 minutes, or leave the tub in the fridge overnight.
- Combine 100g – 200g of Asopie Açaí pulp and the frozen banana in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the chia pudding in your serving bowl.
- Pour or scoop the blended açaí-banana mixture into the serving bowl.
- Top with strawberries, banana, mango and enjoy. The ingredients listed in this recipe are for 2 to 3 servings; please feel free to adjust it to your preference and portion size. See the videos below for instructions.
ASOPIE AÇAÍ PULP
The Açaí berry (Euterpe Oleracea) is the fruit of a palm tree that only grows in the Amazon rainforest. The açaí contains a large and hard nut-like seed, that makes up about 95% of the berry. The edible part of the açaí berry, known as the açaí pulp, is the only edible part of the berry and is the thin layer (5% of the berry) wrapped around the berry seed. This superfruit is a great source of antioxidants, omega fats and fiber. The açaí pulp is a traditional food of the indigenous and tribal people deep in the Amazon rainforest and widely known for its health benefits.
Asopie Açaí Pulp is offered frozen unsweetened without any additives, and is the only way to guarantee top quality nutrient rich açaí.