Asopie Acerola Pulp
Asopie frozen Acerola pulp; 400g Tub
- Authentic Acerola fruit pulp straight from the heart of the Amazon rainforest.
- Premium | Pure| Naturally Organic | Additive-Free | Unsweetened | Non-GMO | 100% Natural | Pasteurized | Sustainably Sourced. Ingredients: Pure Acerola fruit pulp.
Delivery & Pickup
Delivery Area: Hong Kong Island, Kowloon & New Territories. Outlying island orders: Drop-off & Pickup from Hong Kong Island, Kowloon or NT. *Minimum Order Value for doorstep delivery: HK$300 (Self-pick up also available)
For wholesale, or delivery outside HK, please contact us directly
Acerola (Malpighia Emarginata) is a scrub or miniature tree that is native to the tropical regions of the Americas. Although the Acerola plant is unrelated to cherry, it produces small juicy red fruits that look very similar to a regular cherry, but with a distinct sour flavour due to the high vitamin C content.
Commonly referred to as Suriname cherry, West Indies cherry, Barbados cherry or simply Acerola, this tiny cherry-like berry of roughly 2 cm is often used to fight colds and boost immunity.
Acerola is the fruit with the second highest known content of vitamin C in the world, topped only by the Camu Camu fruit. The less mature acerola fruits have a higher vitamin C content (compared to the matured or ripened Acerola) and the more mature fruits have a sweeter taste, and a darker red color.
Acerola is a very delicate fruit and plant. If kept unfrozen, the fruit ferments really fast and spoils in just about 4-5 days after harvest.
The Acerola pulp is the smooth and thick edible part of the Acerola fruits, without the seeds. Asopie frozen Acerola pulp is 100% natural, pure, unsweetened and is free of any additives.
Why is Acerola pulp good for you?
Acerola’s popularity is mostly due to its high content of vitamin C, having one of the highest vitamin C content in the world.
- Acerola has the second highest known vitamin C content in the world making the Acerola pulp the perfect natural source of vitamin C to supplement the body. The vitamin C produced by the Acerola fruit is better absorbed by humans than the synthetic one found in supplements.
- Being a powerful source of vitamin C, the Acerola pulp is also known for boosting the immune system, improving teeth and gum and protecting the skin against premature ageing.
- Acerola also contains high levels of vitamin A and B, magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron. As a rich source of antioxidants and healthy minerals the Acerola cherry helps in boosting heart health.
- This super fruit is traditionally used in the Amazon region to prevent and treat frequent coughs, colds, infections, numerous ailments, and to improve endurance.
- Athletes use Acerola for improving physical endurance and strength and to ease pain and joint swellings.
How to eat Acerola pulp?
In the Amazon region, where the fruit is widely known, the ripened Acerola fruits are commonly consumed raw or used to produce juices and jams. Being a very delicate and sensitive fruit, the Acerola fruit ferments really fast, if kept unfrozen. The only way to preserve this delicious fruit and its incredible nutrient content, its aroma, flavor, color and gurantee premium quality, is to offer the pulp frozen. Asopie Acerola pulp is 100% natural, unsweetened, without any additives and is only available frozen.
Traditionally Acerola is consumed as a fresh fruit, just like a regular cherry. The Acerola pulp is also widely used to make Acerola jams, jellie, ice cream, candies, alcohol, Acerola juice and various desserts.
Asopie Acerola pulp can be consumed as is, with or without sweetener, to ones preference.
It is the perfect base ingredient in producing food and beverage products such as juices, jams, smoothies, jellies, tonics, health supplements, sauces, ice cream and sorbet among other desserts.
Blend it, Enjoy it… quick and simple!
Thaw the frozen Acerola pulp until soft, then eat as plain and pure as is, or mix with any sweetener to preference; or blend with water and sweetener (as desired) or other ingredients such as juices until the desired consistency and serve immediately. For recipes visit the recipes page.
Asopie frozen Acerola pulp is unsweetened and available in 400g Tubs
Asopie Acerola pulp is sustainably sourced, nutrient rich, premium, additives-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, unsweetened and delivered frozen straight from the heart of the Amazon.
We also provide bulk wholesale and catering for your company, shop, F&B establishments and events. Get in touch.