Pure Cupuaçu Pulp
Asopie frozen Cupuaçu pulp; 400g Tub
- Authentic Cupuaçu fruit pulp straight from the heart of the Amazon rainforest.
- Premium | Pure| Naturally Organic | Additive-Free | Unsweetened | Non-GMO | 100% Natural | Pasteurized | Sustainably Sourced. Ingredients: Pure Cupuaçu fruit pulp. For recipes visit the recipes page
*Hong Kong Island| *Kowloon| *New Territories| *Tung Chung| *Discovery Bay Plaza
Pickup Locations & Schedule (Free of Charge):
- Hong Kong MTR Station Exit B1 – Friday 9:am – 9:30am
- North Point MTR Station – Saturday 9:00am – 9:30am
- Mei Foo MTR Station – Saturday 1:30pm – 2pm
- Asopie Lounge Sai Kung Town – Mon – Fri (appointment)
*For Local Pickup, please insert one of our designated pickup locations in the “Order Notes” on the checkout page.
For wholesale, or delivery outside HK, please contact us directly
Cupuaçu (Theobroma Grandiflorum), also known as the “Food of the Gods”, is related to cacao and is one of the Theobroma species that produces edible fruits. Theobroma, the generic name is translated to “food of the gods”. Cupuaçu is the fruit of the cupuaçuzeiro tree that grows in the Amazon raiforest; the tree can reach up to 15 meters in height.
Being native to the Amazon rainforest, the cupuaçu fruit is widley consumed by the tribal people in the Amazon region; it is considered a medicinal plant and often referred to as a “pharmacy in a fruit”, because of its natural benefits to the body.
The cupuaçu fruit contains a cacao-like flesh with seeds wrapped in a white creamy pulp; all packed in a hard protective shell. This super fruit pulp has extraordinary nutritional properties and a very distinct creamy-exotic flavor, with a fragrance often described as a mix of chocolate and pineapple.
The seeds of the cupuaçu fruit, also known as the cupuaçu beans, are often used as a substitute for cocoa, because they contain a very similar antioxidant profile, but without the caffeine. The cupuaçu seed is also the main ingredients in the cupuaçu butter. Known for its great moisturizing and healthy properties, for skin and hair, the cupuaçu butter is often compared to shea butter.
The cupuaçu pulp is the white edible part of the cupuaçu fruit and has a natural thick consistency, which looks a lot like a well-blended frozen banana. Unlike a lot of tropical fruits, the cupuaçu fruit is not sweet.
Why is Cupuaçu pulp good for you?
- The cupuaçu pulp has energizing properties like coffee, but without the side effects of caffeine.
- The cupuaçu pulp is a powerful source of vitamin B1, B2, B3, proteins, antioxidants, fatty and amino acids, potassium, magnesium and iron. The cupuaçu fruit has minerals that are important for the building and promoting of muscle performance, endurance and strength.
- The cupuaçu is rich in antioxidants including vitamin A and C. Antioxidants are known for fighting free-radicals and supporting overall health.
- The cupuaçu is a great natural stimulant. When consumed, it increases energy and stamina.
- The cupuaçu fruit is one of many Amazonian fruits known for its ability to assist in maintaining a low body fat.
How to eat the Cupuaçu pulp?
In the Amazon region, the cupuaçu fruit is often consumed in its entirety, by cracking open the protective shell. However, the only way to preserve the premium quality, healthy properties, the original fragrance, flavor and color of this super fruit pulp for a long time is by freezing it.
Asopie Cupuaçu pulp is 100% natural, unsweetened, without any additives and is only available frozen.
Traditionally, the cupuaçu pulp is consumed in numerous ways and is also the base for a variety of healthy recipes. It is commonly consumed fresh, pure and unsweetened as it comes; with added sweetener or mixed with other ingredients. It can be used to produce a variety of food products and beverages, such as ice cream and juices.
The cupuaçu is widely used to produce juices, smoothies, cupuaçu bowls, ice cream, energy bars, wines, spirits, sauces and other desserts.
When partially defrosted, Asopie Cupuaçu pulp is scoopable and can be consumed just like ice cream and sorbet.
Blend it, Enjoy it… quick and simple!
Thaw the Asopie frozen cupuaçu pulp until a scoopable softness is reached, then eat as plain and pure as is, or mix with any sweetener to preference; or blend with water and sweetener (as desired) or other ingredients such as milk until the desired consistency and serve immediately. For recipes visit the recipes page.
Asopie frozen Cupuaçu pulp is unsweetened and available in 400g Tubs
Asopie Cupuaçu pulp is sustainably sourced, nutrient rich, premium, additives-free, dairy free, gluten free, non-GMO, unsweetened and delivered frozen straight from the heart of the Amazon.
We also provide bulk wholesale and catering for your company, shop, F&B establishments and events. Get in touch.
AS SEEN IN