Asopie Cajá Pulp
Asopie frozen Cajá pulp; 400g Tub
- Authentic Cajá fruit pulp straight from the heart of the Amazon rainforest.
- Premium | Pure| Naturally Organic | Additive-Free | Unsweetened | Non-GMO | 100% Natural | Pasteurized | Sustainably Sourced. Ingredients: Pure Cajá fruit pulp.
Delivery & Pickup
Delivery Area: Hong Kong Island, Kowloon & New Territories. Outlying island orders: Drop-off & Pickup from Hong Kong Island, Kowloon or NT. *Minimum Order Value for doorstep delivery: HK$300 (Self-pick up also available)
For wholesale, or delivery outside HK, please contact us directly
Cajá fruit (Spondias Mombin), also known as Mope, Yellow Mombin or Taperebá, is the fruit of a flowering tree that is native to the tropical region of South America, predominantly in the Amazon jungle. The cajá tree can grow up to 25 meters in height with a trunk diameter of up to 60 cm and wide spread branches.
Within the Amazonian tribal community both the cajá tree bark, roots, leaves and fruits are used for traditional medicine. The cajá fruits are orange to yellow and have elliptical shapes with leathery skin and a thin layer of fruit pulp, wrapped around a single large seed.
These healthy Amazonian fruits look a lot like tiny mangoes.
The caja pulp is the edible part of the caja fruits, and can be described as an acidic, mild sweet and juicy pulp with a pleasant aroma.
Why is Cajá pulp good for you?
Cajá is one of those exotic and nutritious plant species with multiple uses and applications. The bark, wood, roots, fruits as well as the leaf of the cajá are well regarded in the treatment of a variety of ailments in traditional medicine in the Amazon region.
- The cajá pulp is an important source of vitamin A, B and C, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- The minerals in the cajá fruit are essential for supporting the immune system, maintaining healthy teeth, bones and muscle functions.
- The cajá pulp is a great source of antioxidants and is esential in fighting free radicals; improve heart and overall health.
- There is no saturated fat or cholesterol in the cajá fruit and the overall fat content is low, making it a healthy choice whether you consume it raw and pure, or as part of a mixed juice drink.
How to eat Cajá pulp?
Asopie Cajá pulp can be consumed fresh and pure as is, or mixed with other ingredients, or cooked. The low fat content of the cajá fruit makes it a perfect ingredient for healthy recipes where one would like to keep the calorie content low.
To preserve its exotic and original aroma, taste, color and the rich nutrients of the cajá fruit, Asopie Cajá pulp is only offered frozen, free of any additives or artificial colors.
Traditionally, in the Amazon community, the cajá pulp is eaten in a variety of ways; fresh and straight from the fruit or cooked with sugar; as a juice or as an ingredient for a variety of local Amazonian dishes.
Asopie frozen Cajá pulp can be consumed plain as is or sweetened; and it is an ideal ingredient for juices, smoothies, desserts, jams, sauces, sorbet and ice cream.
Blend it, Enjoy it… quick and simple!
Thaw the frozen cajá pulp until a scoopable softness is reached, then eat as plain and pure as is, or blend with banana (or any sweetener to preference), or other ingredients such as fruits or water until the desired consistency and serve immediately. For recipes visit the recipes page.
Asopie frozen Cajá pulp is unsweetened and offered in 400g Tubs
Asopie Cajá pulp is sustainably sourced, nutrient rich, premium, additives-free, gluten free, dairy-free, non-GMO, unsweetened and delivered frozen straight from the heart of the Amazon.
We also provide bulk wholesale and catering for your company, shop, F&B establishments and events. Get in touch.