Asopie Açaí Berry Pulp
Asopie frozen Açaí pulp; 400g Tub
- Authentic organic Açaí berry pulp straight from the heart of the Amazon rainforest.
- Premium | Pure| Organic | Additive-Free | Unsweetened | Non-GMO | 100% Natural | Pasteurized | Sustainably Sourced. Ingredients: Pure Organic Açaí berry pulp.
Delivery & Pickup
Delivery Area: Hong Kong Island, Kowloon & New Territories. Outlying island orders: Drop-off & Pickup from Hong Kong Island, Kowloon or NT. *Minimum Order Value for doorstep delivery: HK$300 (Self-pick up also available)
For wholesale or delivery outside HK, please contact us directly
Açaí berry (Euterpe Oleracea), is the fruit of a palm tree that only grows in the Amazon rainforest. The açaí palm tree can reach up to 30 meters in height and grows predominantly along benches of rivers, creeks and swamps deep in the Amazon jungle.
At first glance, the açaí berries look similar to blueberries, however, the açaí contains a large and hard nut-like seed, that makes up to about 95% of the berry.
The açaí pulp is extracted from the thin edible layer of flesh that is wrapped around the hard açaí berry seed. This healthy purplish pulp, known as a superfood, is a traditional food of the tribal people (Indigenous and Maroons) in the Amazon basin, spread across nations such as Suriname, Brazil and the Guianas.
Why is Açaí berry pulp good for you?
- Açaí berry pulp is a powerful source of antioxidants. Açaí berry pulp has more than double the antioxidants of blueberries and about ten times that of grapes. The incredible antioxidant properties of this superfood are essential in fighting free-radicals and increase overall health.
- The dietary fiber found in Açaí berry pulp can help with digestion.
- Açaí berry pulp is a good source of iron, calcium, vitamin A, magnesium, and amino acids; it is known for promoting muscle performance, endurance and strength. Açaí berry pulp is a natural energy booster.
- Açaí berry pulp contains high levels of fatty acids. These beneficial fatty acids include oleic acid, one of the same oils found in olive, which is known to be important for heart health and an overall healthy nervous system.
How to eat Açaí berry pulp?
The Açaí berry is at its best when produced and consumed as Açaí pulp; a dark purple-ish thick (dense) extract from the Açaí berry fruit.
Being a highly sensitive fruit, the best way to guarantee that the Açaí berry pulp keeps its freshness, aroma, earthy flavor and its nutrient-rich quality, for a long period and additive free, is to freeze and store it at freezing temperatures.
It is traditionally consumed in the Amazon region with cassava bread; tapioca; fruits; rice; as ingredient for juice, smoothies, jams and in a variety of local Amazonian dishes.
Many know açaí berry because of the popularity the “açaí bowl” has been enjoying in certain parts of the world as a healthy and energy boosting breakfast. However, the açaí bowl and many other açaí dishes can be consumed at any given time.
Asopie açaí pulp can be consumed plain as is, and is also the perfect ingredient for açaí bowls, smoothies, açaí ice cream & sorbet, jams, juices, healthy snacks, sauces and salad dressings.
Asopie açaí berry pulp can also be consumed, sweetened or unsweetened, with granola, cereals, corn or rice flakes, oats, chia seeds and other similar products.
Blend it, Enjoy it… quick and simple!
To make a quick açaí smoothie, blend the açaí pulp with banana (or any sweetener to preference) or other ingredients such as fruits or milk until the desired consistency and serve immediately. For recipes visit the recipes page.
Asopie frozen Açaí berry pulp is unsweetened and offered in 400g Tubs
Asopie Açaí pulp is sustainably sourced, wild-harvested, organic, nutrient rich, premium, additives-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, and delivered frozen straight from the heart of the Amazon.
We also provide bulk wholesale and catering for your company, shop, F&B establishments and events. Get in touch.