Pure Açaí Berry Pulp (400g)
- Authentic organic Açaí berry pulp straight from the heart of the Amazon rainforest.
- Premium | Pure| Organic & Wild harvested| Additive-Free | Unsweetened | Non-GMO | 100% Natural | Unpasteurized | Sustainably Sourced.
- Ingredients: Pure Organic Açaí berry pulp
The Açaí Berry Fruit…
Açaí berry (Eurerpe Oleracea) is the fruit of a palm tree that is native to the Amazon rainforest of South America. At first glance, the Açaí berries look similar to blueberries, however the Açaí has a large and hard nut-like seed.
This nutrient-rich superfruit only grows in the Amazon jungle and the Açaí pulp, often referred to as a Superfood, is a traditional food of the tribal people (Indigenous and Maroons) in the Amazon basin, spread across nations such as Suriname, Brazil and the Guianas. The Açaí berry palm grows wild in the Amazon jungle across rivers, creeks and swamps. Asopie Açaí berry is wild harvested.
The Açaí pulp makes up about 5% of the Açaí berry, and is the edible layer of flesh wrapped around the hard seed the berry. Pure, authentic and traditional açaí is only available in the form of a pulp.
The Benefits of the Açaí Berry…
- The açaí berry pulp is a great natural energy booster, and is rich in antioxidants, fiber, iron, calcium, vitamin A, magnesium, amino acids and omega 3 fats.
- Açaí berry pulp contains high levels of fatty acids. These beneficial fatty acids include oleic acid, one of the same oils found in olive.
- The powerful properties of the Açaí berry pulp makes it the perfect superfood to support and promote muscle performance and endurance.
- The Açaí berry pulp is known to be beneficial for the heart, the digestive and nervous system.
- The Açaí berry pulp contains double the antioxidants of blue berries and ten times that of grapes, and these incredible antioxidant properties are essential in fighting free-radicals.
How to prepare…
Being a highly sensitive fruit, the best way to guarantee that the Açaí berry pulp keeps its freshness, aroma, earthy flavor and its nutrient-rich quality, for a long period is to freeze and store it at freezing temperatures. Asopie Pure Açaí Pulps is a frozen product and can be stored frozenn for over 12 months.
Partically thaw the pulp in the refrigerator or by placing the tub in cool water for 20 minutes, and then blend. Once thawed, please keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
How to eat…
The Açaí berry pulp is traditionally consumed pure as is and in a variety of Amazon dishes and beverages.
Asopie açaí berry pulp is pure, delicious, dark purple-ish and dense: - it can be consumed pure, straight off the tub; with cassava bread; tapioca; fruits; rice; and as ingredient for juice, smoothies, bowls, jams, ice creams, sauces and dressings.
For recipes please visit the blogs page.